In partnership, Canmore Collegiate High School and its School Council invites parents and families of grade 7 and 8 students at Exshaw School to its parent series "Youth Well-Being" led by Town of canmore's Youth/Teen Family Support Worker Alida Kelly.
The following six sessions have been announced:
- Thursday October 19 - Teen Brain Development & Emotions
- Tuesday November 7 - Boundaries & Communication
- Thursday January 18 - Substance Use Part 1: Facts for Parents
- Wednesday February 7 - Substance Use Part 2: Safety Planning / Harm Reduction for Parents
- Wednesday March 6 - Substance Use Part 3: Vaping & Tobacco for Parents
- Thursday April 25 - Gender & Sexual Diversity for Parents
The sessions will be held at the CCHS Theatre from 7 to 9pm each evening, and conclude with a question and answer session. Light refreshments will be provided. No RSVP is required.